Table of contents
About this book
This Jubilee set of three volumes constitutes a condign tribute to Yaacov Choueka, a computer scientist, mathematician, computational linguist, and lexicographer: he is one of the founders of the fields of full-text information retrieval, computational linguistics, humanities computing, and legal databases. The three volumes (LNCS 8001–8003) comprise 61 chapters, and are each devoted to a broad theme. The focus of the first is computing, its theory, techniques, and applications to science or engineering; of the second - how computing serves the humanities, law, or narratives; of the third: linguistics, computational linguistics, and ontologies.
The present second volume, Computing for the Humanities, Law, and Narratives, contains 19 chapters, clustered around the themes: Humanities Computing, Narratives and their Formal Representation, History of Ideas: The Numerate Disciplines, and Law, Computer Law, and Legal Computing.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-45324-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-45323-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-45324-3
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site