About this book
Teaching and learning paradigms have attracted increased attention especially in the last decade. Immense developments of different ICT technologies and services have paved the way for alternative but effective approaches in educational processes.
Many concepts of the agent technology, such as intelligence, autonomy, and cooperation, have had a direct positive impact on many of the requests imposed on modern e-learning systems and educational processes.
This book presents the state-of-the-art of e-learning and tutoring systems, and discusses their capabilities and benefits that stem from integrating software agents.
We hope that the presented work will be of a great use to our colleagues and researchers interested in the e-learning and agent technology.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title E-Learning Paradigms and Applications
- Book Subtitle Agent-based Approach
Lakhmi C. Jain
- Series Title Studies in Computational Intelligence
- Series Abbreviated Title Studies Comp.Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-41965-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-41964-5
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-50946-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-41965-2
- Series ISSN 1860-949X
- Series E-ISSN 1860-9503
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 273
- Number of Illustrations 97 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:“The primary focus of this book illustrates the best examples of current research on learning environments that utilize software agents to enhance the learning experience. … I would recommend this book for educational practitioners working with technology and those looking to see what is occurring at the cutting edge of the teaching/technology environment.” (S. M. Godwin, Computing Reviews, April, 2014)