About this book
Coupled climate system models are of central importance for climate studies. A new model known as FGOALS ( the Flexible Global Ocean-Atmosphere-Land System model), has been developed by the Sate Key Laboratory of Numerical Modeling for Atmospheric Sciences and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (LASG/IAP, CAS), a first-tier national geophysical laboratory. It serves as a powerful tool, both for deepening our understanding of fundamental mechanisms of the climate system and for making decadal prediction and scenario projections of future climate change.
"Flexible Global Ocean-Atmosphere-Land System Model: A Modeling Tool for the Climate Change Research Community” is the first book to offer systematic evaluations of this model’s performance. It is comprehensive in scope, covering both developmental and application-oriented aspects of this climate system model. It also provides an outlook of future development of FGOALS and offers an overview of how to employ the model. It represents a valuable reference work for researchers and professionals working within the related areas of climate variability and change.
Prof. Tianjun Zhou, Yongqiang Yu, Yimin Liu and Bin Wang work at LASG, the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Flexible Global Ocean-Atmosphere-Land System Model
- Book Subtitle A Modeling Tool for the Climate Change Research Community
- Series Title Springer Earth System Sciences
- Series Abbreviated Title Springer Earth System Sciences
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-41801-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-41800-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-52456-5
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-41801-3
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 483
- Number of Illustrations 24 b/w illustrations, 152 illustrations in colour
Earth System Sciences
Geophysics and Environmental Physics
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences