About this book
Bluetooth technology has enjoyed tremendous success, and it's now employed in billions of devices for short-range wireless data and real-time audio or video transfer. In this book the authors provide an overview of Bluetooth security. They examine network vulnerabilities and provide a literature-review comparative analysis of recent security attacks. They analyze and explain related countermeasures, including one based on secure simple pairing, and they also propose a novel attack that works against all existing Bluetooth versions. They conclude with a discussion on future research directions.
The book is appropriate for practitioners and researchers in information security, in particular those engaged in the design of networked and mobile devices.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-40646-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-40645-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-40646-1
- Series Print ISSN 2191-5768
- Series Online ISSN 2191-5776
- Buy this book on publisher's site