About these proceedings
Based on presentations given at the NordForsk Network Closing Conference “Operator Algebra and Dynamics,” held in Gjáargarður, Faroe Islands, in May 2012, this book features high quality research contributions and review articles by researchers associated with the NordForsk network and leading experts that explore the fundamental role of operator algebras and dynamical systems in mathematics with possible applications to physics, engineering and computer science.
It covers the following topics: von Neumann algebras arising from discrete measured groupoids, purely infinite Cuntz-Krieger algebras, filtered K-theory over finite topological spaces, C*-algebras associated to shift spaces (or subshifts), graph C*-algebras, irrational extended rotation algebras that are shown to be C*-alloys, free probability, renewal systems, the Grothendieck Theorem for jointly completely bounded bilinear forms on C*-algebras, Cuntz-Li algebras associated with the a-adic numbers, crossed products of injective endomorphisms (the so-called Stacey crossed products), the interplay between dynamical systems, operator algebras and wavelets on fractals, C*-completions of the Hecke algebra of a Hecke pair, semiprojective C*-algebras, and the topological dimension of type I C*-algebras.
Operator Algebra and Dynamics will serve as a useful resource for a broad spectrum of researchers and students in mathematics, physics, and engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-39459-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-39458-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-39459-1
- Series Print ISSN 2194-1009
- Series Online ISSN 2194-1017
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking