About this book
Shafarevich's Basic Algebraic Geometry has been a classic and universally used introduction to the subject since its first appearance over 40 years ago. As the translator writes in a prefatory note, ``For all [advanced undergraduate and beginning graduate] students, and for the many specialists in other branches of math who need a liberal education in algebraic geometry, Shafarevich’s book is a must.'' The third edition, in addition to some minor corrections, now offers a new treatment of the Riemann--Roch theorem for curves, including a proof from first principles.
Shafarevich's book is an attractive and accessible introduction to algebraic geometry, suitable for beginning students and nonspecialists, and the new edition is set to remain a popular introduction to the field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-37956-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-37955-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-37956-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking