About this book
Advanced Analysis and Design for Fire Safety of Steel Structures systematically presents the latest findings on behaviours of steel structural components in a fire, such as the catenary actions of restrained steel beams, the design methods for restrained steel columns, and the membrane actions of concrete floor slabs with steel decks. Using a systematic description of structural fire safety engineering principles, the authors illustrate the important difference between behaviours of an isolated structural element and the restrained component in a complete structure under fire conditions.
The book will be an essential resource for structural engineers who wish to improve their understanding of steel buildings exposed to fires. It is also an ideal textbook for introductory courses in fire safety for master’s degree programs in structural engineering, and is excellent reading material for final-year undergraduate students in civil engineering and fire safety engineering. Furthermore, it successfully bridges the information gap between fire safety engineers, structural engineers and building inspectors, and will be of significant interest to architects, code officials, building designers and fire fighters.
Dr. Guoqiang Li is a Professor at the College of Civil Engineering of Tongji University, China; Dr. Peijun Wang is an Associate Professor at the School of Civil Engineering of Shandong University, China.
- Book Title Advanced Analysis and Design for Fire Safety of Steel Structures
- Series Title Advanced Topics in Science and Technology in China
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-34393-3
- Copyright Information Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-34392-6
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-44769-3
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-34393-3
- Series ISSN 1995-6819
- Series E-ISSN 1995-6827
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 357
- Number of Illustrations 217 b/w illustrations, 79 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Jointly published with Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou
Quality Control, Reliability, Safety and Risk
Basics of Construction
Building Construction and Design
- Buy this book on publisher's site