Table of contents
About this book
Chaos and nonlinear dynamics initially developed as a new emergent field with its foundation in physics and applied mathematics. The highly generic, interdisciplinary quality of the insights gained in the last few decades has spawned myriad applications in almost all branches of science and technology—and even well beyond. Wherever quantitative modeling and analysis of complex, nonlinear phenomena is required, chaos theory and its methods can play a key role.
This third volume concentrates on reviewing further relevant contemporary applications of chaotic nonlinear systems as they apply to the various cutting-edge branches of engineering. This encompasses, but is not limited to, topics such fluctuation relations and chaotic dynamics in physics, fractals and their applications in epileptic seizures, as well as chaos synchronization.
Featuring contributions from active and leading research groups, this collection is ideal both as a reference and as a ‘recipe book’ full of tried and tested, successful engineering applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-34017-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-34016-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-34017-8
- Series Print ISSN 1860-0832
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0840
- About this book
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods