About this book
The book is dedicated to the construction of particular solutions of systems of ordinary differential equations in the form of series that are analogous to those used in Lyapunov’s first method. A prominent place is given to asymptotic solutions that tend to an equilibrium position, especially in the strongly nonlinear case, where the existence of such solutions can’t be inferred on the basis of the first approximation alone.
The book is illustrated with a large number of concrete examples of systems in which the presence of a particular solution of a certain class is related to special properties of the system’s dynamic behavior. It is a book for students and specialists who work with dynamical systems in the fields of mechanics, mathematics, and theoretical physics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-33817-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-33816-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-33817-5
- Series Print ISSN 1439-7382
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking