About this book
Dr. Wu Dan’s Introducing Writing Across the Curriculum into China is an important and provocative research study that is broadly international in scope.
Of particular significance for education in China, this book provides a historical analysis of writing instruction in China and an original application of activity theory used to analyze problems and possibilities for Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) in higher education. Through an examination of important aspects of WAC as it has developed in the United States, Dr. Wu Dan brings together various perspectives in support of developing and sustaining WAC programs in China and by analogy throughout the world.
Her work opens new avenues for research in writing and for the teaching of courses throughout the curriculum using a writing-in-the-disciplines approach. A major contribution to international WAC scholarship, Introducing Writing Across the Curriculum into China will be invaluable to English faculty and to all readers interested in educational innovations in China.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-33096-4
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-33095-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-33096-4
- Series Print ISSN 2211-1921
- Series Online ISSN 2211-193X
- Buy this book on publisher's site