About this book
The stages of Blastocystis have been known for 101 years. However, many facts are still disputed, e.g. even the question whether it is a true pathogen or a commensal present in sometimes life-threatening diarrheas.
The present book evaluates in chapters contributed by renowned researchers the latest findings on:
•Landmarks in the discovery of Blastocystis
•Epidemiology, transmission and zoonotic potential
•Morphology of human and animal Blastocystis isolates
•Clinical aspects of Blastocystis infections
•Behavioral decision analysis: what makes us sick?
•Molecular approaches on the systematical position
•Blastocystis from a statistical point of view
•Diarrheas due to different agents of disease
•Zoonotic diseases in comparison
As such, this book provides a broad range of information for people working in this field, for physicians and veterinarians who are confronted with clinical cases, teachers, students and technical staff members in the fields of microbiology, parasitology and diagnostic methods.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32738-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-32737-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-32738-4
- Series Print ISSN 2192-3671
- Series Online ISSN 2192-368X
- About this book