About this book
Computational engineering/science uses a blend of applications, mathematical models and computations. Mathematical models require accurate approximations of their parameters, which are often viewed as solutions to inverse problems. Thus, the study of inverse problems is an integral part of computational engineering/science. This book presents several aspects of inverse problems along with needed prerequisite topics in numerical analysis and matrix algebra. If the reader has previously studied these prerequisites, then one can rapidly move to the inverse problems in chapters 4-8 on image restoration, thermal radiation, thermal characterization and heat transfer.
“This text does provide a comprehensive introduction to inverse problems and fills a void in the literature”.
Robert E White, Professor of Mathematics, North Carolina State University
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32557-1
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-32556-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-32557-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site