Table of contents
About this book
One of the world’s leading problems in the field of national security is protection of borders and borderlands. This book addresses multiple issues on advanced innovative methods of multi-level control of both ground (UGVs) and aerial drones (UAVs). Those objects combined with innovative algorithms become autonomous objects capable of patrolling chosen borderland areas by themselves and automatically inform the operator of the system about potential place of detection of a specific incident. This is achieved by using sophisticated
methods of generation of non-collision trajectory for those types of objects and enabling automatic integration of both ground and aerial unmanned vehicles.
The topics included in this book also cover presentation of complete information and communication technology (ICT) systems capable of control, observation and detection of various types of incidents and threats. This book is a valuable source of information for constructors and developers of such solutions for uniformed services. Scientists and researchers involved in computer vision, image processing, data fusion, control algorithms or IC can find many valuable suggestions and solutions. Multiple challenges for such systems are also presented.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-31665-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-31664-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-31665-4
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site