About this book
The LNCS journal Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems focuses on data management, knowledge discovery, and knowledge processing, which are core and hot topics in computer science. Since the 1990s, the Internet has become the main driving force behind application development in all domains. An increase in the demand for resource sharing across different sites connected through networks has led to an evolution of data- and knowledge-management systems from centralized systems to decentralized systems enabling large-scale distributed applications providing high scalability. Current decentralized systems still focus on data and knowledge as their main resource. Feasibility of these systems relies basically on P2P (peer-to-peer) techniques and the support of agent systems with scaling and decentralized control. Synergy between Grids, P2P systems, and agent technologies is the key to data- and knowledge-centered systems in large-scale environments.
This, the fifth issue of Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems, contains nine selected full-length papers, focusing on the topics of query processing, information extraction, management of dataspaces and contents, and mobile applications.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28148-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-28147-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-28148-8
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site