Table of contents
About this book
Special numerical techniques are already needed to deal with nxn matrices for large n. Tensor data are of size nxnx...xn=n^d, where n^d exceeds the computer memory by far. They appear for problems of high spatial dimensions. Since standard methods fail,
a particular tensor calculus is needed to treat such problems.
The monograph describes the methods how tensors can be practically treated and how numerical operations can be performed. Applications are problems from quantum chemistry, approximation of multivariate functions, solution of pde, e.g., with stochastic coefficients, etc.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-28027-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-28026-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-28027-6
- Series Print ISSN 0179-3632
- Buy this book on publisher's site