Table of contents
About this book
This book represents a comprehensive coverage of the current state of knowledge of Volcán de Colima: its history, its eruptive mechanism, the generation and interpretation of monitoring data, and the risk presented to the local population. The volume pulls together the results of the most important studies of recent years from many areas of volcanology: the geology of its eruptive products; geophysical and geochemical studies of the signals measured that relate to the generation and movement of magma; experimental analysis of its internal processes and the social complexities relating to the risk imposed by future eruptions.
Volcán de Colima is an important volcano: it has frequent large Plinian or sub-Plinian eruptions; its activity frequently switches between various regimes, which provides the opportunity to study these transitions from their cause to their impact; and it is a volcano which poses a significant threat to a large population.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-25911-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-25910-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-25911-1
- Series Print ISSN 2195-3589
- Series Online ISSN 2195-7029
- Buy this book on publisher's site