About this book
The development of computer science is now so rapid that we, the readers, in-creasingly receive technology news about new solutions and applications which very often straddle the border between the real and the virtual worlds. Computer science is also the area in which cognitive science is witnessing a renaissance, be-cause its combination with technical sciences has given birth to a broad scientific discipline called cognitive informatics. And it is this discipline which has become the main theme of this monograph, which is also to serve as a kind of guide to cognitive informatics problems.
This book is the result of work on systems for the cognitive analysis and inter-pretation of various data. The purpose of such an analytical approach is to show that for an in-depth analysis of data, the layers of semantics contained in these sets must be taken into account. The interdisciplinary nature of the solutions proposed means that the subject of cognitive systems forming part of cognitive informatics becomes a new challenge for the research and application work carried out.
The authors of this monograph hope that it will guide Readers on an interesting and accurate journey through the intricacies of information and cognitive science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-25246-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-25245-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-25246-4
- Series Print ISSN 1867-4925
- Series Online ISSN 1867-4933
- Buy this book on publisher's site