Table of contents
About this book
Stress, high blood pressure, smoking, pollution, fast foods, overweight, excessive travelling, surgery, less movement are common features in our modern life. These features are risky for blood clotting disorders. According to WHO, over 29% of the total mortalities worldwide are due to thrombosis. By the year, 2020 cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) may cause an estimated 25 million deaths per year, thus antithrombotic therapy is of great interest.
The available thrombolytic agents such as urokinase are highly expensive, antigenic, quite unspecific, pyretogenic and hemorrhagenic. Therefore, the production of fibrinolysing enzymes, which rapidly dissolute thrombi within the vascular tree, without the detriments by microorganisms, as described in this book, is the desirable aim of today’s research.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-24980-8
- Copyright Information Essam Kotb 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-24979-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-24980-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site