Table of contents
About this book
Modern logistics comprises operative logistics, analytical logistics and management of logistic networks. Central task of operative logistics is the efficient supply of required goods at the right place within the right time. Tasks of analytical logistics are designing optimal networks and systems, developing strategies for planning, scheduling and operation, and organizing efficient order and performance processes. Logistic management plans, implements and operates logistic networks and schedules orders, stocks and resources.
This reference-book offers a unique survey of modern logistics. It contains proven strategies, rules and tools for the solution of a multitude of logistic problems. The analytically derived algorithms and formulas can be used for the computer-based planning of logistic systems and for the dynamic scheduling of orders and resources in supply networks. They enable significant improvements of performance, quality and costs. Their application is demonstrated by several examples from industry, trade and service providers.
Apart from corrections and modifications the second edition contains a new chapter on maritime logistics. It demonstrates how the methods of this book can be used to solve complex logistic problems of practical relevance for economy, society and environment.The book is written for professionals, scientists, teachers and graduate students. An extensive index makes it a dictionary of modern logistics.
- Book Title Comprehensive Logistics
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-24367-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-24366-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-662-51802-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-24367-7
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages XXI, 912
- Number of Illustrations 354 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Engineering Economics, Organization, Logistics, Marketing
Control, Robotics, Mechatronics
- Buy this book on publisher's site