About this book
This monograph provides the first up-to-date and self-contained presentation of a recently discovered mathematical structure—the Schrödinger-Virasoro algebra. Just as Poincaré invariance or conformal (Virasoro) invariance play a key role in understanding, respectively, elementary particles and two-dimensional equilibrium statistical physics, this algebra of non-relativistic conformal symmetries may be expected to apply itself naturally to the study of some models of non-equilibrium statistical physics, or more specifically in the context of recent developments related to the non-relativistic AdS/CFT correspondence.
The study of the structure of this infinite-dimensional Lie algebra touches upon topics as various as statistical physics, vertex algebras, Poisson geometry, integrable systems and supergeometry as well as representation theory, the cohomology of infinite-dimensional Lie algebras, and the spectral theory of Schrödinger operators.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-22717-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-22716-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-22717-2
- Series Print ISSN 1864-5879
- Series Online ISSN 1864-5887
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Energy, Utilities & Environment