About this book
This course-derived undergraduate textbook provides a concise explanation of the key concepts and calculations of chemical thermodynamics. Instead of the usual ‘classical’ introduction, this text adopts a straightforward postulatory approach that introduces thermodynamic potentials such as entropy and energy more directly and transparently.
Structured around several features to assist students’ understanding, Chemical Thermodynamics :
- Develops applications and methods for the ready treatment of equilibria on a sound quantitative basis.
- Requires minimal background in calculus to understand the text and presents formal derivations to the student in a detailed but understandable way.
- Offers end-of-chapter problems (and answers) for self-testing and review and reinforcement, of use for self- or group study.
This book is suitable as essential reading for courses in a bachelor and master chemistry program and is also valuable as a reference or textbook for students of physics, biochemistry and materials science.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19864-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-19863-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-19864-9
- About this book