About this book
Simulation is the fastest developing branch of geostatistics and simulating facies inside reservoirs and orebodies is the most exciting part of this. Several methods have been developed to do this (sequential indicator simulations, Boolean simulations, Markov chains and plurigaussian simulations). This book focuses on the last type of simulations. It presents the theory required to understand the method, along practical examples of applications in mining and the oil industry as well as tutorial exercises.
Demonstration software to illustrate how these simulations work is available on http://pluridemo.geosciences.mines-paristech.fr
Since the publication of the first edition, enormous numbers of papers have appeared in the literature on the subject. Plurigaussian simulations are now the preferred method for simulating facies in both mining & the oil industry.
The new edition contains new case studies in both mining & petroleum, together with an extensively updated theory section.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-19607-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-19606-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-19607-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site