About this book
This volume brings together information from myriad sources, including German Commission E monographs and the WHO, to form a highly structured and clear work of reference.
Entries for each medicinal plant describe classical Ayurvedic and Unani uses compared to modern findings and applications, together with their pharmacology and therapeutic principles in an evidence-based approach.
The result highlights the potential of Indian herbs for Western medicine by placing findings on a scientific platform.
Over 200 full-colour photographs and 50 drawings illustrate the plants throughout.
It will be a useful source of information to pharmacists and medical practitioners alike.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-18659-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-62229-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-18659-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site