About this book
Physically correct boundary conditions on vapor-liquid interfaces are essential in order to make an analysis of flows of a liquid including bubbles or of a gas including droplets. Suitable boundary conditions do not exist at the present time. This book is concerned with the kinetic boundary condition for both the plane and curved vapor-liquid interfaces, and the fluid dynamics boundary condition for Navier-Stokes(fluid dynamics) equations.
The kinetic boundary condition is formulated on the basis of molecular dynamics simulations and the fluid dynamics boundary condition is derived by a perturbation analysis of Gaussian-BGK Boltzmann equation applicable to polyatomic gases.
The fluid dynamics boundary condition is applied to actual flow problems of bubbles in a liquid and droplets in a gas.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-18038-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-18037-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-18038-5
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4846
- Series Online ISSN 1860-4854
- Buy this book on publisher's site