Table of contents
About this book
This book presents fundamentals and important results of vector optimization in a general setting. The theory developed includes scalarization, existence theorems, a generalized Lagrange multiplier rule and duality results. Applications to vector approximation, cooperative game theory and multiobjective optimization are described. The theory is extended to set optimization with particular emphasis on contingent epiderivatives, subgradients and optimality conditions. Background material of convex analysis being necessary is concisely summarized at the beginning.
This second edition contains new parts on the adaptive Eichfelder-Polak method, a concrete application to magnetic resonance systems in medical engineering and additional remarks on the contribution of F.Y. Edgeworth and V. Pareto. The bibliography is updated and includes more recent important publications.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-17005-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-17004-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-17005-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site