About this book
Despite the devastating impact of bipolar disorder on the lives of millions worldwide, many aspects of its underlying etiology and pathophysiology remain unknown. This book, which has assembled a widely respected group of preclinical and clinical researchers, acts as a valuable and timely resource for both researchers and clinicians. This volume reviews the very latest biological, psychopharmacological, and therapeutic literature that has dominated the field in recent years and incorporates cutting-edge translational research. Early chapters review the course and outcome and genetics of this highly heritable condition, including chapters on epigenetics and clinical endophenotypes. Several chapters offer a remarkably thorough and unique overview of the neurobiology of the disorder, including what is known from genetics, molecular neurobiology, neuroimaging, and the development of animal models. Finally, the book covers treatment strategies for bipolar disorder, including both traditional and novel therapeutics, as well as non-pharmacological treatments. This book offers the unique advantages of combining in-depth coverage of current scientific knowledge with practical clinical advice and an invaluable eye toward the future of the field.
Bipolar Disorder Depression Mania Neurobiology Review
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Behavioral Neurobiology of Bipolar Disorder and its Treatment
Husseini K. Manji
Carlos A. Zarate Jr.
- Series Title Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences
- Series Abbreviated Title Curr.Topics Behav.Neurosci.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-15757-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-15756-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-26599-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-15757-8
- Series ISSN 1866-3370
- Series E-ISSN 1866-3389
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 347
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Imaging / Radiology
- Buy this book on publisher's site