About this book
Berry-AMA Book Prize FINALIST 2011!
“The Right Sensory Mix” is one of the four best marketing books in 2011 according to the American Marketing Association Foundation.
The Berry-AMA Book Prize is awarded annually be the Foundation (AMAF) and recognizes books whose innovative ideas have had significant impact on marketing and related fields. For additional information about the Berry-AMA Book Prize, visit Berry-AMA Book Prize.
Why do some people drink black coffee and others stick to tea? Why do some people prefer competitors’ products? Why do we sell less in this country?
Many companies fail to acknowledge and analyze disparities observed among customers and simply put them down to culture or emotion. New neuroendocrinological research proves that consumers are rational: They just have a different biological perception of the same stimulus! Their preferences, behavior, and decisions are strongly influenced by the hundreds of millions of sensors monitoring their body and brain. People with more taste buds are for example sensitive to bitterness and are more likely to drink their coffee with sugar or milk, or to drink tea.
After reading the book, managers will be able to:
• Understand and predict consumers’ behavior and preferences
• Design the right sensory mix (color, shape, taste, smell, texture, and sound) for each product
• Fine-tune their positioning and product range for every local market
• Systematically increase their innovation hit rate
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-12093-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-12092-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-12093-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site