Table of contents
About these proceedings
An outgrowth of the first Asia-Pacific Regional School on the International Heliophysical Year (IHY), this volume contains a collection of review articles describing the universal physical processes in the heliospace influenced by solar electromagnetic and mass emissions. The Sun affects the heliosphere in the short term (space weather) and in the long term (space climate) through numerous physical processes that exhibit similarities in various spatial domains of the heliosphere. The articles take into account various aspects of the Sun-heliosphere connection under a systems approach.
This volume will serve as a ready reference work for research in the emerging field of heliophysics, which describes the physical processes taking place in the physical space controlled by the Sun out to the local interstellar medium.
Coronal Mass Ejections Geospace Heliosphere MHD Physical Processes Planet Solar wind Sun solar
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-11341-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-11340-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-11341-3
- Series Print ISSN 1570-6591
- Series Online ISSN 1570-6605
- Buy this book on publisher's site