Table of contents
About this book
Climate change is a matter of global concern and specific sectors of society such as universities need to engage and be active in the search for regional and local solutions for what is a global problem. Despite the fact that many universities all around the world are undertaking remarkable efforts in tackling the challenges posed by climate change, few of such works are widely documented and disseminated. The book "Universities and Climate Change" addresses this gap.
The book pursues three aims. Firstly, it presents a review of the approaches and methods to inform, communicate and educate university students and the public on climate change being used by universities around the world. Secondly, it introduces initiatives, projects and communication strategies undertaken by universities with a view to informing students and other stakeholders in order to raise awareness on matters related to climate change. Finally, the book documents, promotes and disseminates some of the on-going initiatives.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-10751-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-10750-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-10751-1
- Series Print ISSN 1610-2010
- Series Online ISSN 1610-2002
- Buy this book on publisher's site