About this book
This volume draws on papers presented at the 2008 Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty (IPMU), held in Málaga, Spain, organized by the University of Málaga. The conference brought together some of the world’s leading experts in the study of uncertainty.
Since its first edition, held in 1986, the focus of IPMU conferences has been on the development of foundations and technology needed for the construction of intelligent systems. Over the years, IPMU has grown steadily in visibility and importance, and has evolved into a leading conference in its field, embracing a wide variety of methodologies for dealing with uncertainty and imprecision, and this explains the unusually wide variety of concepts, methods and techniques which are discussed in the book. The growth in importance of IPMU reflects the fact that as we move further into the age of machine intelligence and mechanized decisionmaking, the issue of how to deal with uncertain information becomes an issue of paramount concern.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-10728-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-10726-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-10728-3
- Series Print ISSN 1434-9922
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0808
- Buy this book on publisher's site