About this book
Nowadays, music-inspired phenomenon-mimicking harmony search algorithm is fast growing with many applications. One of key success factors of the algorithm is the employment of a novel stochastic derivative which can be used even for discrete variables. Instead of traditional calculus-based gradient, the algorithm utilizes musician’s experience as a derivative in searching for an optimal solution. This can be a new paradigm and main reason in the successes of various applications.
The goal of this book is to introduce major advances of the harmony search algorithm in recent years. The book contains 14 chapters with the following subjects: State-of-the-art in the harmony search algorithm structure; robotics (robot terrain and manipulator trajectory); visual tracking; web text data mining; power flow planning; fuzzy control system; hybridization (with Taguchi method or SQP method); groundwater management; irrigation ; logistics; timetabling; and bioinformatics (RNA structure prediction).
This book collects the above-mentioned theory and applications, which are dispersed in various technical publications, so that readers can have a good grasp of current status of the harmony search algorithm and foster new breakthroughs in their fields using the algorithm.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Recent Advances In Harmony Search Algorithm
- Series Title Studies in Computational Intelligence
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-04317-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-642-04316-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-26317-0
- eBook ISBN 978-3-642-04317-8
- Series ISSN 1860-949X
- Series E-ISSN 1860-9503
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages VIII, 175
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site