About this book
The LNCS journal Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems focuses on data management, knowledge discovery, and knowledge processing, which are core and hot topics in computer science. Since the 1990s, the Internet has become the main driving force behind applicational development in all domains. An increase in the demand for resource sharing across different sites connected through networks has led to an evolvement of data- and knowledge-management systems from centralized systems to decentralized systems enabling large-scale distributed applications providing high scalability. Current decentralized systems still focus on data and knowledge as their main resource. Feasibility of these systems relies basically on P2P (peer-to-peer) techniques and the support of agent systems with scaling and decentralized control. Synergy between Grids, P2P systems, and agent technologies is the key to data- and knowledge-centered systems in large-scale environments.
This, the inaugural issue of Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems, consists of journal versions of talks invited to the DEXA 2009 conference and further invited contributions by well-known scientists in the field. Therefore, the content of this issue covers a wide range of different topics in the area of the title of this new journal.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-03722-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-03721-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-03722-1
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- Buy this book on publisher's site