Table of contents
About this book
This textbook Classical Mechanics provides a complete survey on all aspects of classical mechanics in theoretical physics. An enormous number of worked examples and problems show students how to apply the abstract principles to realistic problems.
The textbook covers Newtonian mechanics in rotating coordinate systems, mechanics of systems of point particles, vibrating systems and mechanics of rigid bodies. It thoroughly introduces and explains the Lagrange and Hamilton equations and the Hamilton-Jacobi theory. A large section on nonlinear dynamics and chaotic behavior of systems takes Classical Mechanics to newest development in physics.
The new edition is completely revised and updated. New exercises and new sections in canonical transformation and Hamiltonian theory have been added.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-03434-3
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-03433-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-03434-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site