About this book
"Desertification and Its Control in China" comprehensively discusses desertification from the views of formation, distribution, development and control models. This book truly elucidates basic theory and control models of desertification, especially the numerous results from research carried out for the UN Convention to Combat Desertification. This book will provide a theoretical and practical basis for ecological and environmental planning and design as well as guidelines for prevention/restoration for desertification projects. It will also provide practical examples.
Dr. Longjun Ci earned her degree at Cornell University; she is a lead research scientist at the Chinese Academy of Forestry. Dr. Xiaohui Yang earned his degree at Beijing Forestry University; he is an Associate Professor at the Research Institute of Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-01869-5
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-01868-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-01869-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site