Table of contents
About this book
The book presents the winners of the first five Abel Prizes in mathematics: 2003 Jean-Pierre Serre; 2004 Sir Michael Atiyah and Isadore Singer; 2005 Peter D. Lax; 2006 Lennart Carleson; and 2007 S.R. Srinivasa Varadhan.
Each laureate provides an autobiography or an interview, a curriculum vitae, and a complete bibliography. This is complemented by a scholarly description of their work written by leading experts in the field and by a brief history of the Abel Prize.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-01373-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-01372-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-01373-7
- Series Print ISSN 2661-829X
- Series Online ISSN 2661-8303
- Buy this book on publisher's site