About this book
Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) is a disease which is increasing worldwide.
Treatment can modify its course but cannot cure it yet. AD is an enormous challenge not only for the afflicted person. This book contains articles by
internationally recognized authors from different professional
backgrounds coming from European, Asian and African countries as well as
from Switzerland. The book begins with basic information about chronic
disease, self-management, aging and dementia. Further chapters deal with
care and self-management, including end-of-life aspects.
The authors focus on training programs used around the world in general, and focus in particular on self management programs for persons suffering from AD and their caregivers.
The book addresses the applicability and economic consequences of these programs.
It might be helpful if an issue as important as self-management of chronic diseases, especially AD, were to find its way into the daily life of patients and their caregivers as well as into treatment worldwide.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-00326-4
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-00325-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-00326-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site