Table of contents
About this book
This volume is the outcome of the eighth edition of the biennial Workshop on Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics (WAFR). Edited by G.S. Chirikjian, H. Choset, M. Morales and T. Murphey, the book offers a collection of a wide range of topics in advanced robotics, including networked robots, distributed systems, manipulation, planning under uncertainty, minimalism, geometric sensing, geometric computation, stochastic planning methods, and medical applications.
The contents of the forty-two contributions represent a cross-section of the current state of research from one particular aspect: algorithms, and how they are inspired by classical disciplines, such as discrete and computational geometry, differential geometry, mechanics, optimization, operations research, computer science, probability and statistics, and information theory. Validation of algorithms, design concepts, or techniques is the common thread running through this focused collection. Rich by topics and authoritative contributors, WAFR culminates with this unique reference on the current developments and new directions in the field of algorithmic foundations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-00312-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-00311-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-00312-7
- Series Print ISSN 1610-7438
- Series Online ISSN 1610-742X
- Buy this book on publisher's site