About this book
"Electromagnetic Fields in Stratified Media" deals with an important branch of electromagnetic theory, which has many useful applications in subsurface communication, radar, and geophysical prospecting and diagnostics. The book introduces to the electromagnetic theory and wave propagation in complex media, while presenting detailed models for various media: 3, 4, N-layered media, boundary conditions, and anisotropic media. In particular, the complete solutions for a trapped surface wave and lateral wave in a three- or four-layered region, the complete solutions for low frequency wave propagation over a spherical surface coated with a dielectric layer, and the transient field of a horizontal dipole in the boundary layer of two different media are presented. The book is designed for the scientists and engineers engaged in antennas and propagation, EM theory and applications.
Dr. Kai Li is Professor at Zhejiang University.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-95964-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-95963-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-95964-9
- Series Print ISSN 1995-6819
- Buy this book on publisher's site