About this book
This is the first part of the 2-volume textbook "Geometry" which provides a very readable and lively presentation of large parts of geometry in the classical sense.
An attractive characteristic of the book is that it appeals systematically to the reader's intuition and vision, and illustrates the mathematical text with many figures. For each topic the author presents a theorem that is esthetically pleasing and easily stated - although the proof of the same theorem may be quite hard and concealed. Many open problems and references to modern literature are given. Yet another strong trait of the book is that it provides a comprehensive and unified reference source for the field of geometry in the full breadth of its subfields and ramifications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-93815-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1987
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-11658-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-93815-6
- Series Print ISSN 0172-5939
- Series Online ISSN 2191-6675
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking