Table of contents
About this book
This book offers insights into important trends in the global travel and tourism industry and analyses developments in the aviation and hospitality industry, destination management and general travel behaviour. Climate change and its impact on the travel and tourism industry is as much a focus as for example the impacts of kerosene prices on the aviation industry.
An article by the well-known philosopher Peter Sloterdijk gives an insight into the philosopher’s thinking about tourism and therefore goes beyond tourism’s own border. This also applies to an article about the clash of civilisation, contributed by the Prince of Ethiopia, Asfa-Wossen Asserate.
The articles are based on presentations and panel discussions presented at the world´s largest tourism convention, the ITB Convention Market Trends & Innovations. This book unites convention highlights prepared by renowned professionals and scientists within the industry.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Trends and Issues in Global Tourism 2009
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-92199-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-92198-1
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-10074-1
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-92199-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 278
- Number of Illustrations 66 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site