About this book
Statics is the first volume of a three-volume textbook on Engineering Mechanics. It was written with the intention of presenting to engineering students the basic concepts and principles of mechanics in as simple a form as the subject allows. A second objective of this book is to guide the students in their efforts to solve problems in mechanics in a systematic manner. The simple approach to the theory of mechanics allows for the different educational backgrounds of the students.
Another aim of this book is to provide engineering students as well as practising engineers with a basis to help them bridge the gaps between undergraduate studies, advanced courses on mechanics and practical engineering problems.
The book contains numerous examples and their solutions. Emphasis is placed upon student participation in solving the problems. The contents of the book correspond to the topics normally covered in courses on basic engineering mechanics at universities and colleges.
Volume 2 deals with Mechanics of Materials; Volume 3 contains Particle Dynamics and Rigid Body Dynamics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-89937-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-89936-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-89937-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site