Table of contents
About this book
"A Computational Approach to Digital Chinese Painting and Calligraphy" is a technical book on computer science and its applications in the arts. It focuses on Oriental digital arts, in particular Chinese arts and painting, offering a multi-disciplinary treatment from the angles of computer graphics, interactive techniques, human-computer interaction, and artificial intelligence. The book also discusses the unique difficulties and challenges of using the computer to produce Oriental arts, including research results by the authors and their lessons and engineering experiences behind these efforts.
Songhua Xu is a computer scientist of Zhejiang University and Yale University, as well as an honorary researcher of the University of Hong Kong. Francis C.M. Lau is Professor at the University of Hong Kong where he leads the Systems Research Group in the Department of Computer Science. Yunhe Pan is Professor of Computer Science at Zhejiang University as well as Deputy President of Chinese Academy of Engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-88148-3
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-88147-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-88148-3
- Series Print ISSN 1995-6819
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors