About this book
In this monograph, the authors introduce a novel fuzzy rule-base, referred to as the Fuzzy All-permutations Rule-Base (FARB). They show that inferring the FARB, using standard tools from fuzzy logic theory, yields an input-output map that is mathematically equivalent to that of an artificial neural network. Conversely, every standard artificial neural network has an equivalent FARB.
The FARB-ANN equivalence integrates the merits of symbolic fuzzy rule-bases and sub-symbolic artificial neural networks, and yields a new approach for knowledge-based neurocomputing in artificial neural networks.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-88077-6
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-88076-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-88077-6
- Series Print ISSN 1434-9922
- Series Online ISSN 1860-0808
- Buy this book on publisher's site