Table of contents
About this book
The aim of this book is to gather the most recent works that address issues related to the concept of mining complex data. The whole knowledge discovery process being involved, our goal is to provide researchers dealing with each step of this process by key entries. Actually, managing complex data within the KDD process implies to work on every step, starting from the pre-processing (e.g. structuring and organizing) to the visualization and interpretation (e.g. sorting or filtering) of the results, via the data mining methods themselves (e.g. classification, clustering, frequent patterns extraction, etc.). The papers presented here are selected from the workshop papers held yearly since 2006.
The book is composed of four parts and a total of sixteen chapters. Part I gives a general view of complex data mining by illustrating some situations and the related complexity. It contains five chapters. Chapter 1 illustrates the problem of analyzing the scientific literature. The chapter gives some background to the various techniques in this area, explains the necessary pre-processing steps involved, and presents two case studies, one from image mining and one from table identification.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-88067-7
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-88066-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-88067-7
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- Buy this book on publisher's site