About this book
Integration theory deals with extended real-valued, vector-valued, or operator-valued measures and functions. Different approaches are applied in each of these cases using different techniques. The order structure of the (extended) real number system is used for real-valued functions and measures, whereas suprema and infima are replaced with topological limits in the vector-valued case.
A novel approach employing more general structures, locally convex cones, which are natural generalizations of locally convex vector spaces, is introduced here. This setting allows developing a general theory of integration which simultaneously deals with all of the above-mentioned cases.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-87565-9
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-87564-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-87565-9
- Series Print ISSN 0075-8434
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking