Table of contents
About this book
Many materials or media in nature and technology possess a microstructure which determines their macroscopic behaviour. The knowledge of the relevant mechanisms is often more comprehensive on the micro than on the macro scale. On the other hand, not all information on the micro level is relevant for the understanding of this macro behaviour. Therefore, averaging and homogenization methods are needed to select only the specific information from the micro scale, which influences the macro scale. These methods also open the possibility to design or to influence microstructures with the objective to optimize their macro behaviour.
This book presents the development of new methods in this interdisciplinary field of macro- micro-interactions of different engineering branches like mechanical and process engineering, applied mathematics, theoretical, and computational physics. In particular, solids with microstructures and particle systems are considered.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85715-0
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-85714-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-85715-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site