About this book
This book contains a collection of thoroughly revised tutorial papers based on lectures given by leading researchers at the 4th International Summer School on the Reasoning Web, held in Venice, Italy, in September 2008. The objective of the book is to provide a coherent introduction to semantic web methods and research issues with a particular focus on reasoning.
The seven tutorial papers presented provide competent coverage of methods and major application areas such as social networks, semantic multimedia indexing and retrieval, bioinformatics, and semantic web services. They highlight which techniques are already being successfully applied for purposes such as improving the performance of information retrieval algorithms, enabling the interoperation of heterogeneous agents, modelling users profiles and social relations, and standardizing and improving the accuracy of very large and dynamic scientific databases.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85658-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-85656-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-85658-0
- Series Print ISSN 0302-9743
- Series Online ISSN 1611-3349
- About this book