About this book
Many text books have been written on the subject "Exploration Geophysics". The majority of these texts focus on the theory and the mathematical treatment of the subject matter but lack treatment of practical aspects of geophysical exploration. This text is written in simple English to explain the physical meaning of jargon, or terms used in the industry. It describes how seismic data is acquired in 2-D and 3-D, how they are processed to convert the raw data to seismic vertical and horizontal cross sections, that are geologically meaningful, and how these and other data are interpreted to delineate a prospect. Workshops are included after each chapter and are designed to reinforce learning of the concepts presented.
Written in simple easy to understand language
Heavily illustrated to aid in understanding the text
End of chapter "Key words and workshop"
The text includes several appendices and answers for the selected workshop problems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85160-8
- Copyright Information Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-85159-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-85160-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site