About this book
The present book addresses fundamental questions of biological energy transformation and conservation, with a focus on those processes which can now be understood on a structural basis.
Current knowledge of selected examples of the biological energy conservation machinery such as cellular oxygen respiration, light-driven energy converters, and fermentation is reviewed. The machinery is highly variable, particularly that within microorganisms, but all of these devices universally rely on one unique underlying physico-chemical principle.
The book is a rich source for specialists interested in recent developments in bioenergetics research and novices in the field alike.
- Book Title Bioenergetics
- Book Subtitle Energy Conservation and Conversion
- Series Title Results and Problems in Cell Differentiation
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-78622-1
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-540-78621-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-642-09736-2
- eBook ISBN 978-3-540-78622-1
- Series ISSN 0080-1844
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 312
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Buy this book on publisher's site