About this book
Where multimodal signal processing meets multimodal human computer interaction...
Signal Processing (SP) and Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), two very popular scientific areas, are brought together to provide solutions to a series of great challenges in the field of multimodal interfaces. Focus is on multimodal interfaces that respond efficiently to speech, gestures, vision, haptics and direct brain connections taking advantage of recent developments in both HCI and SP.
The book presents a common theoretical framework for fusion and fission of multimodal information using the most advanced signal processing algorithms constrained by HCI rules, described in detail and integrated in the context of a common distributed software platform for easy and efficient development and usability assessment of multimodal tools. The book also demonstrates the use of the multimodal framework for the development of a set of applications in the areas of edutainment, interfaces for disabled people and interfaces for medical applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-78345-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-540-78344-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-540-78345-9
- Series Print ISSN 1860-4862
- Buy this book on publisher's site